Our Team members take a long term view for solutions, with a solid focus on automation and scalability. You take the initiative, and take ownership to work issues to completion while remaining organised, consistent and calm under pressure. You enjoy working in a dynamic flexible environment with constant change and have the ability to express complex ideas to team members who have a variety of technical backgrounds.
Automation is a key component of success in this role. We are passionate about making tools convenient and easy for everyone. We define success by providing people the tools they need when they need them. We are looking for someone who shares our goals of building a resilient work environment with the customer's best interest at heart. Your main focus while in this position will be handling the server environment for Expedia’s corporate IT infrastructure. If you have a dedication to optimize tools to make life easier for customers, then this is the job for you.
- Daily administration of the Windows Server family of operating systems & industry standard Infrastructure applications within all facets of the Expedia Corporate environment.
- Work on automating deployment and configuration of IT infrastructure using code-based configuration tools and related workflows
- Craft and/or modify documentation of all systems and processes involved in supporting corporate environment to inform and educate others
- Experience with a wide variety of server configuration automation tools, automating processes, and server\infrastructure monitoring utilizing scripting skills
- Operationally support servers and services via ticketing system and queue management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively explain, describe, or convey ideas at all levels.
- Good scripting knowledge, PowerShell at a minimum but other scripting languages welcome python, ruby, etc.
- Extensive troubleshooting skills in a complex multi-domain environment are essential.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016 and related infrastructure
- Knowledge of Expedia environment and infrastructure would be useful.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or MIS related field preferred / equivalent work experience considered
Preferred certifications (not required)
- MCITP - Server Administrator
- MCITP - Enterprise Administrator
- MCSA - Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
- MCSE - Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Expedia, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Expedia, Inc. follows applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.