When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Our customers are at the heart of our business and are one of our key strategies. Within the Global Customer Operations (GCO) business unit, we are trusted by our customers to deliver fantastic service, technology and innovation that will enable their business to thrive. Every person within the GCO has a responsibility to deliver and keep pushing the boundaries for our customers.
Continuous improvement efforts drive our business and you will work with customer technical teams to provide solutions for customers' internet working communications requirements. You will be performing routed/switched network design activity for our large enterprise customer data networks. As the main interface to customers in support of their WAN/LAN enterprise projects, you will make us better by building great enterprise customer data networks.
- Investigating, crafting, planning, and implementing communications networks.
- Partnering with customer teams to develop solutions that support their requirements.
- Preparing network schematics to define and illustrate network design solutions.
- Crafting hardware and software configuration upgrades.
- Providing IP addressing and routing strategies.
- Preparing detailed work requests for technicians.
What we’re looking for...
Your technical skills are top notch, and you are known for digging into the details to find the best solutions. You know how to get to the bottom of your customers’ needs, and how to manage your partners’ expectations. Talking to people comes very naturally to you and you can communicate complex information in a way that people can understand.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) certification.
- Experience with Cisco LAN switching, WAAS, Juniper routing and internal wireless products.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with contemporary technologies (e.g., MPLS, TCP/IP, IPSec, BGP, QoS, IP Telephony, Multicast).
- Technical knowledge and CCNP experience.
- Designed and implemented large scale customer networks.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Verizon is committed to maintaining a Total Rewards package which is competitive, valued by our employees, and differentiates us as an Employer of Choice.
- We are a ‘pay for performance’ company and your contribution is rewarded through competitive salaries, performance-based incentives and an employee Stock Program. We create an opportunity for us all to share in the success of Verizon and the value we help to create through this broad-based discretionary equity award program.
- Your benefits are market competitive and delivered by some of the best providers.
- You are provided with a full spectrum of health and wellbeing resources, including a first in-class Employee Assistance Program, to empower you to make positive health decisions.
- We offer generous paid time off benefits to help you manage your work life balance and opportunities for flexible working arrangements*.
- You receive Corporate discounts to enjoy that Verizon has negotiated on your behalf.
- Verizon provides training and development for all levels, to help you enhance your skills and develop your career, from funding towards education assistance, award-winning training, online development tools and access to industry research.
- You will be able to take part in volunteering opportunities as part of our environmental, community and sustainability commitment.
Your benefits package will vary depending on the country in which you work.
*subject to business approval