At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a member of this team you will be responsible for creating new streams, what means modification of TWS database, changing existing streams, event driven workload automation, special resources and operator instructions. You will be also responsible for creation and maintaining new and existing JCL, and other program-cards (pre-run, post-run, print cards). You will be also responsible for solution of repetitive problems and for defect prevention. You will have to work with file transfers also – setup and maintenance of FTP, SFTP, SCP and NFTP transfers between IBM systems and also between IBM and customer systems.
Daily work includes also complex failure analysis, job restarts and other auxiliary actions like datasets handling - creation, copy, move, delete of various types of datasets. You will have to work with common DB2 problems like contentions, SQL codes, DB2 utility abends etc Another task will be support of system operations team in daily workload and also on long-term basis. You will be responsible for creation of documentation, escalation paths and error handling instructions. Moreover you will participate on change/incident management, implementation of new solutions, tasks automation and supporting customer on production releases which includes the implementation of new programs and release management.
• Optimization (TWS)
• Create/maintain definitions for alerting/ automation
• Communication/ adjustment/ coordination with customer
• Support 3rd level functions
• Support for disaster recovery (end-to-end-tests)
• Cover on duty if requested by customer or baseline
• Monitoring of applications/ products regarding interfaces/ other applications/ products
• Quality and security requests
• Support Deployment Management for all products attended in the WB regarding Requests for Service preparation and execution
Do you have experience in different area of Mainframe (Storage, System programming, Security, Databases etc.)? If yes, apply anyway with your updated CV in English. We are looking for IT Specialist in any of these areas.
• Development in a unique technical environment (z/OS with TWS)
• Challenging workload
• Possibilities for further professional growth, learning and self-development
• Opportunity to participate in future workload transfers and to work in one of Europe's emerging markets
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in one of Europe's emerging markets (Czech Republic),
- The successful candidate will work in a motivating multicultural environment gain for exposure to many areas of the business across the IBM Brno Site,
- Employees can avail of the E-learning self-study facility, free language classes & the IT Lab.
- Possibility to learn and grow in all other areas like soft skills, leadership, project leadership
- Obtaining training certificates (e.g. Windows, Unix, ITIL, TWS)
- Relocation assistance
- Medical Plan by co-funded by IBM,
- Additional 5 days of paid vacation
- Transparent career path and potential to growth within leading company in IT
- Pension and life insurance
- Employee stock purchase plans
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Fluent English
• Minimum two years of mainframe experience.
• Working knowledge of TSO/ISPF dialogs, Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS, JCL coding, IBM utilities and programs
• Basic knowledge of DB2 utilities, SQL, SQL codes and abends
• General technical knowledge of FTP, SFTP, NFTP
• Basics knowledge of IMS skill
• Basics of RACF/Jupiter
• Communication skills
• Flexibility, Teamwork, Responsibility
• Ability and willingness to learn
• Willingness to cover on duty coverage
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.