Our client has recently set up a new global programme which is being run out of the EU.
This project will reshape the current portfolio of the company and will represent a pivotal point for the history of the company.
Now, we are seeking an appropriate and a very experienced candidate for a new PMO Manager position
DescriptionAs Program Management Office (PMO) Manager you will will oversee a team of project managers and analysts, responsible for implementing a large set of projects and programs undertaken within our program.
Your role monitors and manages the accuracy of project timelines, tasks, milestones, resource requirements, costs, risks and execution, as well as completion of specific projects within their portfolio.
You will be also responsible for actively tracking the progress of the program delivery, creating and using a visual and tracking methodology directly integrated into the agile engineering team activities.
Main role responsibilities and tasks:
- Manages activities of the PMO team.
- Serves as the program’s focal point for metric creation, collection, visual monitoring. Maintain and promote the monitoring tools to stakeholders.
- Takes responsibility over the management, monitoring, and reporting the performance of the team using established project implementation processes.
- Assigns PMs and analysts in the team to the projects and track their utilisation/activities.
- Ensures successful completion of the tasks and the projects on time, on budget, and within the defined scope.
- Leads correction process to ensure project and resource data is maintained consistently and in accordance with standards and methodologies.
- Develops department expense budgets and makes recommendations to program management.
- Provides subject matter expertise in areas including task and project management, project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, and project documentation.
- Supports staff in the definition and execution of project tasks and development of plans, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Participates in development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures for the Project Management team.
- Provides regular reports to applicable Managers and the Executive team.
- Actively participates in resolution of issues and conflicts, especially for the projects led by the PMO PMs.
- Acts as liaison with other departments and corporate functions such as Sales, Finance, Engineering and Product Management.
- Determines and communicates the PMO team resource prioritisation process using appropriate criteria (e.g., dependencies, resource capacity and capability, technology).
- Monitor changes in the technical, legal and regulatory arenas affecting Information Security, alert management accordingly.
RequirementsWhat we expect?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, SW/Systems Engineering or equivalent field, or equivalent and demonstrable practical experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a SW development environment, at least 5 of which in a PM role.
- Direct project experience in agile software development and leadership.
- Proven experience with risk identification and management.
- Experience successfully coordinating business and technical resources under an integrated project plan to ensure the alignment of resources.
- Demonstrated experience delivering measurable business benefit through project execution.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in facilitating, delegating and motivating cross functional groups or activities.
- Highly organised, and the ability to multi-task competing priorities.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Experience managing large, complex projects across multiple functions is preferred.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills. Proven ability to negotiate and achieve agreeable terms. Strong attention to detail.
- Experience in working in a global organisation.
- Travel - up to 25%.
- Self-driven, and ability to work with limited guidance.
- A team player committed to getting the job done in a timely and quality driven manner
- Good communication skill, which includes English on fluent level
- EU citizenship or long-term residency permit
- PMP or Prince2 certification
We offerWhat can we offer you?
- We function as a Business Innovation Centre (read startup) and try to stay away from corporate structures as much as possible.
- Get mobile phone of your choice (phone number with program included).
- Education. Our educational budget also allows us to have in-house language lectors to improve English, German or Japanese.
- Enjoy outside terrace, relax rooms with comfortable sitting bags, table soccer and Xbox One.
- Motivating salary based on your experience.
- 5 weeks of holidays and 2 sick days.
- Meal vouchers.
- Beautiful office environment with lots of restaurants, cafes and shops.