Media Strategist, EU
In this role, you will have the opportunity to improve customer satisfaction via purposeful ad campaign planning and management for your assigned EU region(s). You will interact internally with Ad Operations, Sales, Service and Product teams and externally with advertisers and agencies. As a member of our team, your input will help shape how Monster’s Ad Operations team conducts daily business and will have a direct impact on client satisfaction and ROI.
The role incorporates media planning and campaign management tasks for Monster EU properties, on both the traditional display media side as well as for the newly established social media ad products. With a sound understanding of the advertising business in both traditional display media, as well as mobile and social media, the role requires strong communication, analytical and technical skills.
Areas of knowledge that are particularly important include a deep understanding of ad servers, campaign delivery methods and KPI / ROI logic and methodologies. Reporting and a profound understanding of metrics and campaign success factors and optimization are key areas of the role as well, particularly in communication with regional peers and stakeholders. This role will further entail close interaction with Ad Ops, Product, Service, Marketing and Sales teams in the EU and globally. Additional duties include training of peers, and documentation for EU Ad Ops when impacted by product / process changes made within or outside of the department.
- Serve as first point of contact for all sales inquiries on supported products (pre-sale to post-sale)
- Provide media plans for advertising campaigns that will offer the best visibility and user response for clients
- Review display inventory availability within YieldEx system, ensuring media proposal will be attainable, have an appropriate share of voice, and fulfill client goals
- Create presentations, reports, and mock-ups, as needed for Sales teams as part of media proposal
- Ensure creative assets meet spec requirements; QA and ensure necessary feedback/fixes are provided within defined timeframes, escalating as needed
- Traffic/schedule media campaigns for all ad-served media products
- Ensure display ads are working correctly, escalating issues as necessary
- Monitor and optimize display campaigns towards defined KPI
- Setup (as needed) and optimize Monster’s social media product suite (Social Job Ads, Social Brand Ads)
- Fully manage custom social job ad campaigns within social ad platforms (Facebook, Twitter), presenting solution to sales/client; ensure campaigns fulfill goals and provide reporting to internal teams and clients on a regular basis
- Provide tailored reporting and analysis on ad campaign performance to stakeholders on a regular basis, and provide ad hoc analysis upon request
- Assist the international media planning team for international/worldwide campaigns
- Interact with the Ad Operations, Marketing, and Product teams to improve products to provide our clients the best possible media solutions
- Create case studies, trainings, manuals and reports for Sales and adjacent teams
- Document scheduling, optimization and reporting best practices, and share with other team members on a regular basis through provided tools
- Build/strengthen sales relationships within region
- Assist with internal projects as needed
High – will manage accounts and media campaigns across multiple channels and properties and will require profound understanding of all delivery systems and metrics in place. Requires a demonstrated sense of ownership for the campaigns and areas of responsibility, as well as a high level of organizational and prioritization skills.
Works independently on complex assignments that require custom solutions, while keeping a close eye on site changes, potential implications on inventory levels and planned campaigns. Ability to report detailed findings and concerns to senior management as needed.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- 2+ years of online advertising experience or comparable client service experience
- Experience with at least one leading display ad server a plus
- Knowledge of standard advertising KPI’s and ability to tailor campaigns towards them
- Fluent in English and language(s) of supported region(s)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for online media, with a strong working knowledge of ad technologies a plus
- Understanding of social media ad channels, and systems used to power advertisements
- Knowledge of HTML, Flash, and Photoshop a plus
- Client service experience preferred
- Positive attitude, professional demeanor and customer focus
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to think quickly, creatively and take initiative
- Ability to prioritize as needed to drive for results in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven flexibility in a constantly changing environment
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn