Location: Brande, Denmark
For Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Offshore R&D Nacelle & Hub Department within the Technology organization, we are looking for a skilled Mechanical Design Engineer. The Nacelle and Hub structures are dynamical loaded which results in high requirements for the mechanical components due to the risk of extreme and fatigue failure. This is therefore a unique opportunity for you to develop your design skills in the various projects you will be contributing to.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving a variety of engineering tasks on all product stages from research and development to design and manufacturing, through to installation, testing and verification, ready for handover to serial production. You will be part of a dynamic and multicultural R&D environment in a very large and international organization where we work with the latest and most advanced technologies within wind power contributing to future green energy solutions.
What are my responsibilities?
• Concept development and mechanical engineering design of mechanical subsystems and components in various materials like steel, aluminum, casted iron, composites and plastics
• Large assemblies and advanced shapes in 3D modeling using NX
• Technical documentation like 2D drafting with Geometrical Product Specifications (GPS) using NX, Tolerance Stack Analysis, D-FMEA, EHS Design Risk Assessment, Purchase specification etc.
• Rough structural calculations using analytical methods and numerical methods (FEM)
• Using Teamcenter as a document management system for e.g. administration of CAD models
• Execute design reviews with stakeholders
• Participate in prototype assembly in workshop and implement lessons learned
• Work with design improvements, cost outs etc.
• Collaboration with stakeholders throughout the value chain such as Service, Production, EHS, Prototype Workshop, Procurement and Suppliers
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• You probably have a bachelor or master ´s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar, with minimum 3 years of experience within product development and mechanical design engineering in accordance to international norms and standards. Alternatively, you are a highly skilled recent graduate with an educational track record to show for it
• You are an experienced user in 3D modelling and 2D drafting in a CAD tool, preferably with NX Siemens PLM software
• You have good knowledge of manufacturing processes like machining and welding.
• You have knowledge of and experience with rough structural calculations
• Experience with the Machinery directive 2006/42/EC will be an advantage
• Ability to work under pressure and challenging conditions. Strong desire and ability to drive improvement and change
• Self-starter, structured and pro-active problem solver that work well both independently and in teams
• High degree of personal planning and able to meet deadlines
• Possess strong communication skills in English, orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 25,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Denmark is a core part of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 5,700 employees out of a global staff of 25,000 work with wind power solutions in Denmark.
Read more at https://www.siemensgamesa.com/en-int
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy continuously strive to strengthen their position, and they are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
By joining Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy you will become part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is an important part of the agenda. Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy prioritize being responsible for their employees’ health and well-being, and they offer many employee benefits.