When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Our customers are at the heart of our business and are one of our key strategies. Within the Global Customer Operations (GCO) business unit, we are trusted by our customers to deliver fantastic service, technology and innovation that will enable their business to thrive. Every person within the GCO has a responsibility to deliver and keep pushing the boundaries for our customers.
Continuous improvement efforts drive our business and you will work with customer technical teams to provide solutions for customers' internet working communications requirements.
- Designing and hands-on implementation of customer networks both from an IPT and LAN perspective.
- Creating documentation for the implementation of the customer's network.
- Supporting and coaching other engineers in the team at a technical level to provide professional engineering support to enable VzB’s organisation to provide high quality services/solutions to our customers.
- Responsibility for strategies for complex projects.
- Managing the deliverables on complex customer design and implementation projects.
- Pro-actively driving the development of the engineering role together with the other Design Engineers, Implementation Engineers.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written).
- Solid knowledge & experience in VoIP and LAN technologies.
- Knowledge of Voice Gateways, Gateway Controllers, CUCM, CUC, SBCs, ECBs, IPPBXs, ARC, UCCX, UcaaS.
- Vendor certification – typically CCNA Voice/collaboration, CCNP Voice/collaboration, MS-LYNC or relevant experience.
- Knowledge of voice protocols such as SIP, H.323, MGCP and PSTN routing.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of MS Teams products.
- Strong trouble shooting skills and experience.
- Scripting skills for automation enablement.
- Ability to work alone on a task or be a part of the team to collaborate on the approach.