What is Internal Audit? Internal Audit acts as an independent appraisal function designed to ensure the achievement of business objectives, financial reporting integrity and compliance with applicable laws and regulations, all while ensuring the alignment of effective business strategies and operations and the engagement of a healthy company culture. Internal Audit is primarily responsible for evaluating the effectiveness of financial, operational and IT internal controls for Zebra’s global operations.
Who is suited for a role in Internal Audit? We are looking for diverse backgrounds to join the Internal Audit team, which may include Accounting/Finance, Business Administration, Supply Chain, IT, and Engineering, among other backgrounds and specialties. Skills that lend towards a successful Internal Auditor include keen problem-solving skills, critical and analytical thinking, strong relationship-building, effective listening and communication skills, and strong teamwork and networking skills. Candidates should be willing to challenge the status quo, leverage technology, and listen to new ideas.
What can a role in Internal Audit do for my career? A role in Internal Audit will bring you cross-functional experiences to better understand the company’s operations and inter-relationships, while understanding the international business environment that we operate as a company.
What is the role of Senior Internal Auditor? The Senior Internal Auditor leads in the execution of financial, operational, risk-based, corporate governance, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) audits / projects for Zebra's domestic and international operations. Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, the Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for the supervision of project staff and Interns during project activities.
In this vital role, you will be a part of the Global / Corporate Internal Audit team with a range of responsibilities that include the following:
- Responsible for planning, leading, and executing financial, operational, strategic, and compliance/ governance internal audit projects.
- Leads or assists in the execution of audits supporting compliance with US Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) legislation, including the evaluation of the design of SOX controls, the completion of SOX walkthroughs, and testing the effectiveness of SOX controls.
- Provides the Internal Auditor (and other team members, as relevant) with appropriate guidance during the course of project work.
- Ensures that IA Management and the audited party are kept up to date with potential audit findings during the course of fieldwork.
- Takes the lead role on moderate to high complexity projects and works under closer supervision of a Manager or Senior Manager on some projects classified as having very high complexity.
- Over time, begins to take on responsibilities at the next level.
- Sets appropriate project direction and provides constructive feedback anf concrete action steps to Internal Auditors, Interns, Guest Auditors, and/or outsourced audit team members to continually improve performance.
- Provides insightful results through audit reporting process, challenging the status quo and driving value-added recommendations.
- Builds a good rapport and solid business relationships with the Zebra Management Team.
- Over time, develops a command over key responsibilities in the business, reporting relationships, and from whom information may be obtained.
The Internal Auditor will work in the Brno, CZ office as part of the greater Internal Audit team (with resources based in both Brno, CZ and in Lincolnshire / Chicago, USA). This role may help prepare you for other roles at the company through expanded knowledge of business operations, and an opportunity to refine soft skills around communication / presentation, innovation and agility.
Sounds like you? Before you apply it’s worth knowing what we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related major (i.e., Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Management Information Systems, Computer / Data Science, Supply Chain, Engineering, or other relevant majors)
- Relevant certification (i.e., ACCA, ACA, CIA, CPA, CFE, or other relevant certification) is a plus, but may be achieved after a period of time in the position.
- 4-5 years of professional work experience in the industry (including 1-2 years of experience with auditing, project management, and/or risk consulting) OR
- 2-4 years of experience with a leading public accounting or consulting firm (focused on internal audit services, external audit services, or risk-based consulting).
- Command over core business processes (i.e., Accounting, Financial Reporting, Procurement, Accounts Payable, Inventory, Sales, Accounts Receivable / Credit Management, Fixed Assets, and Payroll, etc.). Must be able to drive value-added recommendations.
- Excels at critical and analytical thinking. Strong creative and entrepreneurial spirit to drive valuable insights.
- Ability to think objectively and demonstrate sound judgement.
- Demonstrates agility and reacts quickly to re-focus, as needed, to address top risks and top priorities.
- Team-focused attitude demonstrating the ability to collaborate and compromise while building constructive and effective relationships.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to negotiate, as needed to agree upon conclusions.
- Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic.
- Previous experience with a medium to large scale publicly traded corporation.
- 5 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days and 2 volunteer days paid off
- Multisport card with 75% covered by Zebra
- Training and personal development in soft skills and hard skills, access to our internal learning portal at all times and also internal career opportunities among Zebra departments (job rotation and guest programs)
- Free language courses
- Benefit plus card with cafeteria system
- Annual bonuses based on financial results
- Yearly salary increase according to individual performance
- Free beverages and fruit days (coffee, tea, milk available in our kitchenette)
- Meal contribution
- Life & Pension insurance contribution
- Company preschool (in Czech or in English)
- Discount at our partners (T-Mobile, Banks, HP, Dell, Microsoft Office)
- New modern and multifunctional workplace at Vlněna Office park in the city centre (from Q1 2021)
Is this position the right job for you? Do not hesitate to apply and become one of Zebras!
Zebra is a US business that has been established for 50 years and sells innovative technology solutions within barcode and product identification. That means RFID, barcode scanners, printers, data analytics and software. We employ over 7,000 people across 100 locations in 50 countries. Our solutions are used by BMW, Amazon, DHL, Tesco’s and numerous hospitals around the world and even the NFL! Zebra in Brno was awarded as a TOP employer of the year 2018 in Jihomoravsky kraj and also ABSL Diamonds Awards 2019 for innovations.
Are you interested in joining in? Apply or see more available positions on our official website www.zebra.com.
Please, send your CV in English. We are looking forward to your application!
Zebra Technologies is committed to offering an inclusive & diverse working environment. Therefore we welcome applicants from all sections of the community.