Are you interested to set-up and lead a new team in charge of Data Governance and Reporting? If you want to be a key active player and contribute to this new development, join us in this challenge.
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Operations Directorate – Operations Support Department – Information Systems and Applications Division at its headquarters in Luxembourg a Head of Unit - Data Governance and Information Management - This is a full-time position at grade 5/6.
The term of this contract will be 4 years.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
Panel interviews are anticipated for beginning / mid March 2021
You will ensure the sound functioning of key information processes that are necessary for operational-decision-making, as well as the continued adequacy of the infrastructure, organisation and governance of Reporting and Data Governance in OPS, in order to be in line with Best Banking Practices.
The Bank’s lending and investing activities evolve rapidly – new mandates, new products, new approaches at managing risk exposure and capital consumption. Governing bodies and external stakeholders are requesting accountability and demonstration that the Bank employs its scarce resources in the best public interest. Databases and IT tools are usually much slower to evolve than the many detailed and complex reporting requirements, which result from these developments. Managing the reporting and data governance team requires anticipation - recognising trends and their implications for reporting early; thematic leadership - ensuring buy-in from other departments across OPS; a motivating attitude - giving exposure to team members for their achievements in activities which entail significant technical and analytical work.
You will be accountable for:
- Defining and developing the strategic goals of the Unit and creating the conditions required for the implementation of agreed objectives and projects
- Supervising to the establishment of a Reporting and Data Governance policies in OPS, in line with the BBPs.
- Supervising the development of the Bank’s data management and reporting policies and procedures.
- Providing guidance, manage, motivate, develop and evaluate the staff of the Unit as well as participating to the recruitment process for new staff in the Unit, including consultants
- Supporting an effective cooperation among team members, as well as the dissemination of information and cross fertilisation inside the division and the department
- Providing lending data in view of the preparation of the Bank’s Multi-Annual Operational Plans (“COP”)
- Anticipating as early as possible future/new reporting requirements
- Guaranteeing data quality of reports including the review of ad-hoc reporting for internal purposes and responding to requests from external stakeholders (European Commission, European Parliament, Member States’ Ministries, press …) or from the Management
- Participating in Steering Committees for key initiatives in the area of data quality and information governance
- Providing for effective user support, training and adequate information on Data quality and reporting developments
- Organising the procurement of external resources and follow-up on budgets and invoices.
To be successful you need:
- University degree, ideally in a technology, information or business-related subject (incl. Engineering).
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience ideally gained both in an operational and IT environment
- Experience or proven ability in managing or coaching people ideally in multicultural environments or international organisation.
- Good knowledge of Data Governance systems and Reporting solutions in other IFIs and/or in the banking sector
- Good knowledge of various financial products (such as loans, guarantees…)
- Good knowledge of Business Objects or similar applications would be an asset
- Fluent in English and a good command of French (*)
Find out more about EIB core and managerial competencies here
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 14th February 2021
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.
You can apply via the ''Apply'' button.