Job Title: Director, Global Accounting
Function: Global Accounting Team
Reporting to: Senior Director, Global Accounting
As the Director of Global Accounting you will be based in Prague and responsible for all the accounting processes centralized in the SSC for the North American, European & APAC (Malaysia & Hong Kong) regions and report directly into the Senior Director, Finance & Accounting. Responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, IFRS and Randstad Accounting Guidance.
Proactive responsibility taken for the Global Accounting Team to achieve key performance measurements in terms of efficiency, productivity and quality by ensuring all the processes and controls are followed and service excellence provided to both internal and external clients. Strong team-player, leader and coach as responsibilities include managing the entire Global Accounting Team with team members situated in Prague, Milwaukee & Kuala Lumpur. Interaction with the Business and cooperating with peers in a way to promote trust and communication. You will be an experienced IFRS specialist to ensure accuracy and completeness of the financial data.
- Responsible for accounting in line with IFRS and Randstad Corporate Accounting Policies.
- Leading an accounting team of up to 20 team members situated in Prague, Milwaukee and Kuala Lumpur, ensuring appropriate allocation of tasks to ensure job enrichment.
- Driving transition projects related to global accounting as required as well as implementing lean processes, standardization and efficiencies across all regions.
- Plans and monitors monthly, quarterly and year-end closing cycle for all entities and ensures all month-end activities/ entries are completed accurately and timely as per internal deadlines.
- Acts as a key contact for business & business finance (for all accounting as well as cross-functional issues/queries).
- Review & analysis of movements on all P&L and BS accounts globally at a consolidated level and entity level and provides monthly variance commentary with a high-level of insight into the numbers.
- Reviews and approves complex general ledger entries prepared by accountants.
- Cooperation with all other finance and non-finance teams in the SSC to ensure understanding of all functions / processes and resolution of any problems that arise;
- Involvement in Global IFRS16 leases project and other projects (European and Global) as directed by the Senior Director, Finance & Accounting;
- Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings.
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
- Provides overall support and analysis to executive management by investigating accounting questions, issues and functioning as a change agent across the company by partnering with team members from other business units to assist with accounting questions.
- Responsible for reviewing cross-functional contracts for accounting and reporting matters, and overseeing the conclusions documented in white papers.
- Coaches and develops staff including establishing annual goals and monitoring progress and achievement of results; ensure smooth transfer of knowledge for key positions; hire and train to provide for appropriate succession planning.
- Directs and manages ad hoc projects assigned by senior management, including analysis of business operations, proposed accounting treatment of significant or unusual transactions, or other accounting and finance-related matters.
- Degree in Accounting/Finance
- 8+ years’ experience in Accounting and Finance
- Experience and detailed knowledge of IFRS
- Accounting certification completed (ACCA or Chartered Accountant)
- Major ERP system experience is beneficial (Oracle experience preferred)
- Previous SSC experience an advantage
- Previous Big 4 audit firm experience an advantage
- Direct management of teams of at least 12+ members
- Fluent in 2 European Languages beneficial (must include English)
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Mathematical and analytical approach
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships with internal and external contacts through open and confident communication
- High level of presentation and communication skills
- Strength of character and tenacious approach to ensure timely resolution of issues
- Ability to work under pressure
- Advanced Excel
- A great work life balance
- 25 days of vacation + public holidays + 4 sick days
- Discounted gym and wellness membership.
- Company contribution to a pension fund and life insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Private medical care package.
- Fresh fruits and refreshments in the office.
- Language courses, sponsored social & sporting events, relocation assistance.
- Job related continuous training and clear career progression path.
Note: Other Duties will be added as the business requires
If you think you are the right person for the job, please do not hesitate to apply using the apply button below to join our Monster team or feel free to contact us. For more information please contact Gillian McKnight, Talent Acquisition Partner at Monster at: firstname.lastname@example.org . We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Description Disclaimer
This description is not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performs. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.