Are you looking for a career that will allow you to use your unique blend of business acumen and tech savvy? Business Analysts at IBM are subject matter experts that build the bridge between our business and our clients, immersing themselves into the market to understand problems and find innovative solutions. Be ready to navigate the complex relationships that make the business world run and find the actionable insights that result in great business decisions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IT Specialists in this Job Role have expertise in analysis and description of business processes, and their translation into functional and non-functional IT requirements. Business analysts act as the interpreters between the worlds of IT and business. Typical examples of the deliverables are functional and non-functional requirements, use-cases, process models, and impact analysis.
The specific job deliverables of a business analyst vary according the project he is assigned to. In some cases, only IT-related skills would be needed while in others some knowledge in the areas such as finance or accounting, marketing or operations would be needed.
Business analysts are typically required to assess and validate their activities and to determine if a solution has fulfilled the requirements by engaging with colleagues at all levels to meet business requirements.
Business Analyst must be able to understand customer requirements from a business point of view and provides solutions depend on reports. Improvement of measurements are also included in this job. He / She acts as an interface between the business and the reporting factory.
Business Analysis skills
- Ability to analyze Outsourcing Contracts, SLA/KPI Measurements, Consumption/Accounting resource units
- Ability to understand business needs and contractual requirements and transform that into functional and technical requirements documentation
- Ability to interpret a set of technical requirements and develop robust IT solutions
- Ability to document and specify requirements for Reporting Measurements using methodical approach
- Ability to work with new IT tools and understand scripting languages
- Knowledge about ITIL process framework is welcome
- Ability to define new measurement points to improve processes and services
- General knowledge on ETL tools and processes
- Experience in reporting technologies and BI concepts
- Knowledge about data collection, DWH and schedulers
- Ability to work on different projects simultaneously, prioritization skills
- Ability to communicate with Stakeholders (Project Managers, DPE, Service Line Manager, PE, Technical SMEs and the client)
- Ability to conduct meetings/workshops, to prepare minutes and follow up open points/actions
- Ability to clearly communicate via phone, web sharing, mails, chats…
Problem Solving Skills / Conflict Management
- BAs facilitate a shared understanding of the problem, the possible solutions, and determine the scope of the project.
- Ability to solve technical challenges involved in negotiation between multiple businesses or technical stakeholders
- Use of standard office tools and advanced functionality in them / ability to interpret SQL statements etc.
- Ensure smooth coordination between the different developers’ teams (DWH, reporting, application)
- Coordinate users’ tests and share feedback with developers
Business Analysis Tools
Ability to use tools for analysis of data
- SQL Queries
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
Ability to use tools for Workflow, Project and Communication Management
- Microsoft Project
Additional experiences and skills:
- Fluent in spoken and written German
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Active Listener
- Positive Attitude
- Fast Learner
As an IBM employee, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
• 5 weeks of paid vacation
• Elaborate education program for each employee - training during the work career, courses are lead by professional lectors; e-learning education; flexible education plan for each job position
• Strong career opportunities
• Access to Hi-tech; MAC@IBM
• Above standard Medical Care
• Discounts in Sports, Culture, Healthcare, Childcare, Finance, Electronics
• Global Travel and Life insurance
• Contribution to the Pension fund
• IBM stock purchase plan
You will have the opportunity to:
• Join our Succeeding@IBM Program - a structured on-boarding and development program
• Become part of our diverse and multinational community and collaborate within global and local teams
• Gain knowledge and develop skills through our world-class trainings
• Benefit from mentoring and coaching
• Balance your work with your life and enjoy a flexible working environment
Please, take in consideration, that should your application be successful, our recruiters will contact you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.